Take control of your epilepsy
Epilepsy Action has worked with people with epilepsy and healthcare professionals to develop a new self-management programme.
- Learn more about epilepsy
- Try out new skills to help you manage your health and wellbeing
- Achieve a better quality of life through self-care
The course requires about 2 hours a week for 8 weeks.
What does it involve?
Access the course online from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Learn new facts, watch videos, complete activities, and read other people’s stories.
“This is a really superb course that is comprehensively dealt with – I would recommend this to people with epilepsy without a doubt.”
– Greg Rogers, GP with a Special Interest in epilepsy
What does the course cover?
The course is made up of 8 sessions that cover:
- Active self-management
- Epileptic seizures
- Managing your seizures
- Safety, travel and your independence
- Your feelings
- Memory, stress and sleep
- Work and daily activities
All the course material is based on up-to-date medical evidence and peer-reviewed by healthcare professionals.
Registration for 2016 is currently closed, and will not open again until 2017. However if you would like to be put on our waiting list, we may be in touch with you about future opportunities.