Training for social care staff
to support people with epilepsy
Buy course now | £30
Supporting and caring for people with epilepsyis an online course for care and support workers.
- Learn how to manage seizures
- Keep service users safe
- Understand the impact of epilepsy
The course takes 2-3 hours. Access the course online from any computer or tablet.
Informed by recent research, NICE guidance and CQC standards.
It is the only online course that gives you the comprehensive knowledge you need to support people with epilepsy.
Person-centred care | Dignity and respect | Safety
“A well written, easy-to-use, non-patronising course”
– Liz, epilepsy nurse specialist
“It teaches you a lot more than you THINK you know!”
– Anne-Marie, support worker
“Straightforward and easy to follow”
– Sam, senior carer
What does the course cover?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise different types of seizure
- Know what to do if someone has a seizure
- Put safety measures into place to keep people safe
- Understand how epilepsy is treated
- Understand the impact of epilepsy on daily life and wellbeing
Learn new facts, watch videos, complete activities, and read case studies.
All the course material is based on up-to-date medical evidence and peer-reviewed by healthcare professionals.